KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY & CUSTOMERS SAFE DUE TO COVID-19. We are once again OPEN to walk-in customers and HIGHLY recommend wearing a mask. We will continue to offer curbside pick-up, local delivery (within a 10 mile radius of our store) and of course we are still fulfilling all of your online shipping orders.
1. In a 4-quart pot heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Crumble and brown ground beef.
3. Add contents of Wyoming Fireside Beef Goulash Mix. Add broth, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
4. Cover for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, cover and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Place in bowls with sour cream on top and serve.
Freezes well, if prepared ahead.
To boost vegetables, add 1 cup chopped onion and brown with ground beef, and add an extra can no salt added tomatoes and 1 cup chopped celery for final 20 minutes.
To boost whole grains in the Inventive Variations suggestion on the package and website, prepare with whole wheat wide egg noodles.
To cut saturated fat, prepare with extra lean ground beef, bison or turkey, or go Vegetarian. Also substitute nonfat, plain Greek yogurt for sour cream to finish when serving.
To cut sodium, prepare with no salt added, canned diced tomatoes and add 1 small fresh finely chopped, serrano chili pepper, and prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth and use reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce.
Vegetarian Recipe Variation
You Will Also Need: 1 pound mushrooms, sliced 1 Tablespoon oil 4 cups vegetable broth 1 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chilies 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Optional: a dollop of sour cream on each serving
Here's What You Do: 1. In a 4-quart pot heat oil over medium high heat. 2. Sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes. 3. Add contents of Wyoming Fireside Beef Goulash Mix and stir for 1 minute. 4. Add broth, bring to a simmer and cover for 35 minutes. 5. Stir in tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, cover and continue to simmer for 20 minutes. 6. Place in bowls with sour cream on top and serve. Freezes well, if prepared ahead.
1. Serve on top of cooked wide egg noodles for a classic Eastern European dish. 2. For a soupier version that will serve more people, add one 12 oz. bottle of a hearty beer and serve with crusty whole grain bread.