KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY & CUSTOMERS SAFE DUE TO COVID-19. We are once again OPEN to walk-in customers and HIGHLY recommend wearing a mask. We will continue to offer curbside pick-up, local delivery (within a 10 mile radius of our store) and of course we are still fulfilling all of your online shipping orders.
2. Add contents of Kentucky Homestead Chicken and Rice Soup Mix and chicken.
3. Simmer covered on low for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in chopped celery or fennel, and lemon juice.
5. Cover and simmer on low 10 minutes and serve.
To boost vegetables, add 1 cup chopped leeks with soup mix and/or add 1 cup chopped fresh green beans in final 5 minutes of cooking.
To boost whole grains, add 1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice or 1/2 cup whole grain quinoa and 1 cup water with soup mix.
To cut saturated fat, remove any skin from chicken breast.
To cut sodium prepare with low sodium broth. To cut sodium further, substitute water for half of the broth.
Easy preparation of delicious bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts:
1. Place chicken into 3 or 4-quart pot with cold water to cover. 2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes. 3. Turn off heat, allow pot to cool 30 minutes or longer. 4. Remove chicken from water. 5. Pull the breast meat off the bone, discarding the bones and skin. 6. Using two forks, shred the breast meat into bite size pieces.
Soup will be thick and hearty. Save a cup of your chicken cooking water to add to soup, if desired.
Want your soup in a hurry? Pick up a roasted chicken at your local market or about 12 ounces of packaged roast chicken strips, and shred breast meat for soup.