Easy preparation of delicious bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts:
1. Place chicken into 3 or 4-quart pot with cold water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Turn off heat, allow pot to cool 30 minutes or longer.
4. Remove chicken from water.
5. Pull the breast meat off the bone, discarding the bones and skin.
6. Using two forks, shred the breast meat into bite size pieces.
Soup will be thick and hearty. Save a cup of your chicken cooking water to add to soup, if desired.
Want your soup in a hurry? Pick up a roasted chicken at your local market or about 12 ounces of packaged roast chicken strips, and shred breast meat for soup.